Traditional safety and driver training happens in the classroom, or behind the wheel, and is led by an instructor. These are both important aspects of an effective safety training program, but they aren’t your only options. Save time, money, and resources by moving your safety training online.
Learning Management System - The Cornerstone of Online Training
If you want to host safety training online, you need a learning management system (LMS).
An LMS is the most important tool for any organization looking to invest in online training. It is a software tool companies use to develop, deliver, host, and track training for their employees.
With an LMS, you can:
- Store and organize all of your company’s training courses/materials in one place
- Communicate with everyone in the system with a few clicks
- Automatically assign training to various employee groups
- Track usage and run reports
From your drivers’ side of things, an LMS allows them to:
- Access training courses from anywhere with an internet connect
- Access training courses on any smart device or computer
- Engage with activities and exercises within the training course
- Take training on their own schedule
Moving your training online with a learning management system has benefits for everyone involved.
Online Self-Directed Training
This is the most powerful training option you unlock with an LMS.
A learning management system allows you to assign online self-directed training to your employees.
Self-directed training is an extremely useful option for most companies. With self-directed training, you can:
- Assign essential safety and driver training at the point of hire
- Conduct follow-up and refresher training on an automated schedule
- Assign remedial training after an accident or incident
Self-directed training has powerful learning outcomes for adult learners. Adult learners want to feel in control of the learning process. They want to be able to take training on their own time and schedule. And, they don’t want to be struggling to stay awake in a classroom.
Not only does self-directed training have great outcomes, but it’s cheaper too. When you implement self-directed training, you can save instructor costs and skip the headache of trying to get everyone together in the same place.
Modernize Your Training Program
Regardless of how you handle training today, moving your training online will improve it.
You will benefit from better learning outcomes, better results, and quicker training time - all while spending less time, money, and resources on training than ever before.
Avatar Management Services
1 Press Release, Insurance Research Council, One in Eight Drivers Uninsured (March 22, 2021) (https://www.insurance-research.org/news-releases).
2 Company confidential. Internal claim review results (2012).
return to top